Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Can my car pull a horse trailer?

My car is a Ford Focus Estate and I am intersted in buying a horse trailer. I am looking at the Equi-trek Sports Trekka which has an inladen weight of 1200 kilos and a gross weight of 2750 kilos (i'm not sure of what the difference between these is?!!!) the horse I would be towing is about 15hh. Is it possible for my car to tow this safely? Or am I being stupid. Can you recommend another side loading horse trailer (I live in the UK). Many thanks!
Can my car pull a horse trailer?
This has to be the funniest post I've ever read!!! Thanks for the laugh!!





Please post the videos of the ensuing car wreck on Youtube, ok!
Can my car pull a horse trailer?
I doubt your car can pull a horse trailer.





Along with the gross weight of the trailer - you have to consider the weight (not height) of the horse - the weight of every piece of tack, equipment, every item in the trailer. You add all that up.





Your car's owners manual will say what weight is safe for your car to pull.





Usually a car can pull a small utility trailer. But that's about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment