Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is it better to start the car off in neutral so it rolls?

I was wondering. Or do it with letting off the clutch slowly and give it gas. I'm a newbie to a manual car and I have a 6 speed 350z. So I was trying to wonder whats better for most ppl.
Is it better to start the car off in neutral so it rolls?
You get better gas mileage because it's called hypermiling or hyperdriving. Check my link for more info on it.
Is it better to start the car off in neutral so it rolls?
Many of those other techniques are dangerous, and forget all those "SAVE GAS" scams. This was on NBC morning TV show. The difference is as much as 38% (their claim). There are very simple rules to save gas:





(1) drive slow - not too much past 55


(2) accelerate slowly


(3) don't brake unnecessarily - but safely


(4) use cruise control - whenever it is safe to do so.





Don't coast - it is NOT safe and it does NOT save gas.





The above really works. Using those simple rules I was able to drive from Boston to NYC (210.5 miles) on just 5.112 gallon (94 Civic). That's 41 MPG (94 Civic 187K miles). And that way when I was speeding at 72 MPH. It will do even better at 55.





WOW !!
Reply:You are worrying about it too much, I have the same car 06 350z, I've put 30k miles on it. The car can take alot of abuse and still run great. That should be the least of your concern, I don't even understand what your asking, if your just crusing let the clutch go slowly as you accelerate. This car is designed to DRIFT, let alone "slowly let the clutch down" This car is a beast. I love it


No comments:

Post a Comment